Behind the Lines Early Intervention Programme
Duration: 12 weeks
The aims for this programme are to re-engage disaffected young people who are at risk of becoming, or are already in the criminal justice system. The programme is a holistic approach to working with young people to increase their confidence and self-esteem to enable them to make informed choices about their future.
As part of the programme young people, when appropriate, will be introduced to a substance misuse screening tool whereby they will be given the information to actively measure their progress in reducing their substance intake. Students will also gain an understanding of illegal substances and the harm they can cause this allows them to make informed decisions about their future.
Koru will complete a full academic assessment and identify any barriers to learning.
Other expected outcomes:
- Social development through numerous group activities.
- Develop an understanding of consequences of decisions.
- Gain knowledge of offending behaviour and the effects of prolonged offending.
- Develop an understanding of the impact of their choices on others.
- Anger management techniques.
- Develop a basic knowledge of music software and IT skills.
- Develop skills in various sports.
- Confidence in being in an educational setting and being able to manage this.
- To give each young person a good level of understanding regarding tolerance of others.
Possible Progression Routes:
- AQA GCSE Mathematics
- AQA GCSE English Language and Literature
- V-Cert Level 1 and 2 Technical Awards in Music Technology
- Functional Skills Level 1 and 2 English writing
- Functional Skills Level 1 and 2 English Reading
- Functional Skills Level 1 and 2 Mathematics